5 Tips For Improving Your Office VibePosted on: May 15, 2019
The office. Many of us spend a massive portion of our week in the workplace! How that time is spent is very valuable. Alongside your co-workers, the atmosphere of your office is very important. Today we’re sharing five simple, encouraging, and practical tips to improve your office vibe.
Tip #1: Sit Up Straight.
- Ergonomics are incredibly important! If you haven’t already, consider having an expert come and evaluate each of your employee’s workspaces. From computer height to desk height to chair adjustments, there is so much to consider that will affect you and your staff’s long-term health! Maybe you need a standing desk, or an exercise ball to sit on? Crystal, one of our Account Managers here at Ministry Sync, LOVES sitting on her Balance Ball Chair in her home office.
Tip #2: Shield Your Eyes!
- Staring at a computer screen can be so bad for your eyes. A few of us here at Ministry Sync love and use blue light glasses to ease the strain from working on a computer all day long! Here is an affordable pair I use and love, with tons of fun frames to choose from.
Tip #3: Get Moving!
- Try not to stay seated for hours at a time! Experts are warning against the dangers of extended sitting. At a previous job, as staff we would take afternoon walks (weather permitting). We enjoyed it, it was good for office morale, and it is SO GOOD for your health to get up and move when you are sitting, staring at a screen all day. Have something to pray about?! Use the time wisely and turn these into staff prayer walks.
Tip #4: Keep It Clean!
- Prioritize the cleanliness and tidiness of your office. You and your clients will feel respected by the atmosphere. Go above and beyond to maintain your entire organization’s standard of cleanliness and orderliness. Reduce the clutter. Remove anything that no longer serves a purpose!
Tip #5: Crank Those Tunes!
- Just kidding. Don’t really crank them… but consider playing positive, uplifting music throughout your office! A few of our staff favorites here at Ministry Sync are Bethel, Hillsong and instrumental music. Worship music can transform an atmosphere!
And BONUS! The most important tip? Facilitate an atmosphere of peace and joy. I remember when I was growing up, my mom would always jokingly say “When mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!” Probably because we were such handfuls, but it’s true! And the same principle and responsibility translates to any leader, be it a mom or the leader of an organization or company. If you come in carrying a negative, unkind spirit, you can bet your staff will feel the weight. But if you carry a spirit of rest and peace and joy… that will catch like wildfire! Obviously we aren’t responsible for another’s behavior, but there is a mantle of responsibility for those in leadership. They have the privilege of setting the tone! Only through the grace of Jesus can we set a joyful, peaceful, upbeat tone for those around us. If you don’t like the tone, direction or attitude that characterizes your workplace – it’s not too late to change that! Begin making prayerful, intentional steps to move in a new direction. Consistently praying together as a staff is a great way to establish and encourage unity!
• • •
We hope these simple tips have encouraged you! It’s a privilege to serve alongside all you world changers! We’d love to hear from you! Feel free to contact us directly, or find us at @MinistrySync on Instagram or Facebook!