Describe your event in 5 easy steps!Posted on: January 31, 2019
One of the first and most important things you can do in preparation for your upcoming fundraising event is decide what exactly you want to communicate or emphasize about your event to your community!
The purpose of your event and what your attendees or participants can expect MUST be clearly communicated for a successful start to your event planning process. This is different than just talking up the mission of your organization or merely declaring “this is a night of fundraising”! Whether you’re hosting a Dinner, Banquet, Gala, Walk, or 5k Run, it is important to have concise, informative language you’ve developed for your event ready to go before you start talking it up! Not only will you use this on your website, you will also reference this in any mailing or email campaigns, within the Save the Dates and Invitations, and in any training or email materials you utilize when sharing with your staff, volunteers, table hosts, liaisons, etc.
Describe Your Event In 5 Easy Steps:
- Start with a warm and welcoming invitation. Share your excitement – it’s contagious!
- Talk ALL about the event. Where is it? Who is going to speak? Is there a special performance? Will there be a dinner? What is the schedule? Is there a registration fee or will there be a financial ask? Is there an RSVP deadline? If there is a question… consider answering it here!
- Clearly indicate what you want the attendees to do. Tell them their action steps. Be concise. For P2P Fundraising Events especially, this is important.
- Share photos, images and/or videos to supplement the text and capture your reader’s attention.
- Consider sharing a timeline of what your guests can expect to encounter!
Once you have all of the above narrowed down, it’s time to actually input this information into your event or campaign description within your AttendEasy or FundEasy Event Details! It will then be displayed throughout your Event Webpages and Emails.
How To Edit Your Event Description:
To edit your Event Description, for both AttendEasy and FundEasy, the process is the same! Go to the Event Setup Wizard, and under “Event Details”, you will find the Event Description. To view a sample event description on a AttendEasy event webpage, click here. For a sample event description within a FundEasy event webpage, click here.
We hope these tips on developing and writing your event descriptions help you to further streamline and improve your fundraising and event planning process!
This article was inspired by our customers and written to encourage your fundraising efforts. Although we work with ministries and events daily, our team members are not Event Consultants. We encourage you to consult with your event consultant, executive team, and/or affiliate organization before making any major changes to your events.