5 Tips for Hybrid Events!Posted on: September 3, 2020
Let’s talk about Hybrid Events!
Trying to figure out how to plan and pull off a successful Hybrid event in this pandemic season? We’ve got you covered! Today we are going to walk you through some helpful information as you consider how to prepare for your event.
Let’s start at the beginning. Not sure what a Hybrid Event is? That’s okay, you’re not alone! Simply put, a Hybrid event is a combination of a Virtual and Physical event. How those two elements break down exactly can vary greatly. Hybrid Events typically combine Virtual and Physical Event options, often allowing your guests to either choose from 1) attending your event in person, to 2) participating virtually in a Live-Stream or replay of your event. Check out this article for some Virtual and Hybrid Event examples.
Depending on the current social distancing guidelines for your community, a Hybrid event may be a great option for you!
Here are five important things to consider when planning your Hybrid event in place of a traditional banquet fundraiser!
Five Hybrid Event Tips!
- Decide what kind of Hybrid event you are going to have. For example, is it going to be exclusively table-hosts led, possibly gathering in homes, (or gathering virtually via Zoom, etc.) watching your live-stream event together? Or is it going to be an in-person event, with a live-stream at-home viewing option available? Are you going to have your event pre-recorded, or is your in-person event going to be live? Basically, YOU get to decide what “Hybrid” means to you! When considering what your event will look like, we recommend that you don’t over-do it. Try to keep it as simple as possible. And finally, don’t forget to prepare for the people who will want to be totally virtual participants of your event!
- Think carefully through the Event Hosts process. For example, are you going to have Event Hosts that are designated for each element of your Hybrid event? AKA, Virtual Event Hosts and Live, In-Person Table Event Hosts? Determine how you are going to ask Hosts to be involved in your event and carefully outline this so the registration process for your guests is as easy and straightforward as possible!
- Make it CLEAR this is a Hybrid Event. Event messaging should be obvious this is a Hybrid Event so you can capture as many people as possible. Make it clear you have multiple event attendance options so as not to turn anyone away!
- Use Videos to Invite & Explain! Consider incorporating videos on your organization web page, your event web page, your social media accounts, your email communication, etc. If you are willing and able to communicate to your audience via videos, we highly recommend this. Video content can increase the level of audience engagement, (which is needed now more than ever!) and can help explain this new event type.
- Carefully plan your Financial Ask! Think through the ask and how you are going to present your fundraising appeal to each group (Physical & Virtual) at your fundraising event. Also, be ready for how you will receive donations through each event group! Consider preparing and delivering Virtual Host Packets to your hosts ahead of time! Make links and pledge forms easily available. Be prepared for a variety of ways of giving. Remember: the goal of your event is fundraising! Try to anticipate and remove as many possible barriers that you might encounter. Check out this great customer example from the Ashland Pregnancy Care Center for some inspiration!
We hope these examples and tips encourage your organization to continue empowering your supporters and making a lasting impact in your community! Of course, please consult and follow all the current guidelines for your community and area regarding gatherings and events as you plan your upcoming events in this pandemic season.
Also, if you haven’t joined already, we have an exclusive Facebook Group just for our Ministry Sync customers! If you are a current Ministry Sync Customer and would like to join, email us at email@example.com to request to be added! There are tons of great collaborations available, as well as plenty of other organizations in the group with great wisdom to share.
In case you missed it, we released a couple of blog posts recently all about Virtual Events: Creative Virtual Peer-To-Peer Events, Virtual Event Options, and How To Take Your Baby Bottle Campaign Virtual!
Please feel free to contact us @MinistrySync on Instagram or Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know if you’d like to learn more about our event planning tools, AttendEasy or FundEasy.
Photo by Chris Montgomery on Unsplash
This article was inspired by our customers and written to encourage your fundraising efforts. Although we work with ministries and events daily, our team members are not Event Consultants. We encourage you to consult with your event consultant, executive team, and/or affiliate organization before making any major changes to your events.