FundEasy: The Power of PersonalizationPosted on: February 13, 2019
The Power of Personalization
Peer-to-Peer Fundraising… it’s time to make it PERSONAL! Yes, you heard that right. Peer-to-Peer Fundraising is most effective when you make your fundraising efforts personal. And today, we’re going to show you how to do just that when fundraising with FundEasy!
As we previously mentioned in our blog post about the power of social media, the most successful Fundraisers within FundEasy have the following in common: their participants have (1) customized and personalized their FundEasy pages, and (2) they have posted and shared consistent updates within their network of friends and family.
Let’s talk through some helpful tips and things to consider when personalizing your FundEasy page AND when writing a compelling welcome message!
5 Tips to Personalizing your FundEasy page
- Edit or Update your Page Title: Change the title from “Walk & 5K Run” to “Walk with me for LIFE!” etc. Tap into your creativity to create a unique call to action at the top of your fundraising page.
- Edit Profile and Social Sharing Settings: Here is where you can edit your personal information like name and profile photo, as well as adjust the social sharing settings for automatic emails and tweets.
- Edit and Update your Goal! Change your fundraising goal amount to the one YOU want to achieve!
- Photos or Video: Upload a photo of yourself, photos that pertain to the organization, or photos of you and your “team” to create an instant personal connection from you to the cause you are fundraising for! Or, record a short, personal video straight from your heart as to why you are involved! If you can gather the courage to hop in front of your smartphone and press record… then do it! Trust us, people want to hear from YOU.
- Write a compelling welcome message! Your welcome message is one of the most important parts of personalizing your FundEasy page! Keep reading for three quick tips to consider when writing your FundEasy welcome message.
3 Quick Tips To Writing Your Welcome Message!
- Share why YOU care. Why are you involved with this non profit? Is there a connection to your personal story or testimony? Do you have a volunteer experience? Simply sharing from the heart your genuine connection to the organization is an awesome way to appeal to others and invite them into experiencing the joy of supporting the AMAZING work this organization is accomplishing!
- Share a compelling fact or statistic about the organization. For example, were over 1200 students in your small community served within the last year?! Find a compelling statistic to share to add credibility to the organization.
- Link to a compelling testimony or success story from an individual the organization has served. There is nothing quite so powerful as seeing the story of someone whose life has been transformed!
Now that you know how to harness the the power of social media AND the importance of personalizing your fundraising page, implementing these simple steps into your event will strategically help you increase your fundraising potential with FundEasy. Note: To make these changes to your FundEasy page, you will first need to log in to your FundEasy account!
We hope that these suggestions, tips and tricks are helpful as you are fundraising for your next event!
This article was inspired by our customers and written to encourage your fundraising efforts. Although we work with ministries and events daily, our team members are not Event Consultants. We encourage you to consult with your event consultant, executive team, and/or affiliate organization before making any major changes to your events.