5 Ways to Encourage FundraisingPosted on: January 24, 2018
Supporters have amazing hearts and want to do all they can to help your organization during fundraising events. Sometimes, however, they get a little lost when it comes to HOW to fundraise.
With FundEasy, your supporters are given the option when it comes to raising money for your event – online, offline, or both!
We strongly encourage online giving as it allows users to raise money with all the account information automatically funneled into your organization’s FundEasy Management Page. This eliminates the need to manually input financial information (though it is still an option).
Less data entry reduces the risk of miscalculation which equals less stress for your organization.
So, how can you equip your supporters to fundraise?
- Spread the word. Advise them to share the page with their friends via email and social media once their personal fundraising page is complete. This is the fastest and easiest way to spread the word and jump-start donations.
In addition, provide them with a pledge sheet to ask friends and family who may not be connected online.
- Be ready. When someone inquires about your event, direct them to go to your event’s web page to get registered. Be certain to have a “Register Now” link or button that is easily seen on your homepage with a link to your event registration page so they are able to register at that time.
Note: You can insert the above graphic onto your organization’s website by inserting the following code:
<a href="http://YOUREVENTWEBPAGE.com"><img class="size-full wp-image-3859 aligncenter" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/ms-blog-prod/2018/01/02155541/click-here.png" alt="" width="273" height="127" /></a>
Remember to replace “YOUREVENTWEBPAGE” with the Event Web Page URL provided in your Event Detail page.
- Set a goal. Have each participant set a personal goal to raise for the event. This can be any amount.This goal gives them a tangible number to achieve and the gauge on their personal FundEasy page shows them how close they are. This also shows the people they share the fundraising page with what their goal is and how much longer they have to achieve it.The gauge on the page grows in real time as donations are received, getting closer and closer with each new donation.
- Encourage originality. Strongly suggest all registrants customize their personal fundraising page by adding their photo and telling a little about why they are fundraising for your event. (See Fundraising Email Formula for a sample.)
- Be the example. Have your personal fundraiser page ready to share with them so they have an example they can reference.
I hope this helps you as you ready your next event.
Have a great day!