Social Media Tips for #GivingTuesday!Posted on: November 2, 2018
Congratulations! You now have your #GivingTuesday Campaign! (If not, what are you waiting for?! Sign up for your FREE #GivingTuesday campaign today!)
Are you ready? It’s time to start talking up #GivingTuesday!
First, let’s tackle social media and provide some ideas for you to share with your audience.
#GivingTuesday Social Media Posts
Here are some suggested social media posts to help get you started creating a buzz on social media! You can just copy and paste, personalize… and post!
- It’s launch day! #GivingTuesday is HERE! Help empower us to continue serving our community! Learn more at [link to #GivingTuesday page]
- #GivingTuesday is COMING! In fact it’s only [insert number] days away. We are raising [insert goal] to benefit [insert your organization or project]. We only need [insert number of donors needed] donors to donate [insert dollar amount] to MAKE OUR GOAL! Will you be one of the [insert number of donors needed]? [link to #GivingTuesday page]
- #GivingTuesday follows Black Friday & Cyber Monday and is an AWESOME opportunity to support your local [insert your organization or project] and our community! Join the movement here: [link to #GivingTuesday page]
- #GivingTuesday is ALMOST here! So far, we have raised [insert dollar amount] and we have [insert dollar amount] to go! To make a difference this #GivingTuesday, go to [link to #GivingTuesday page]
- Today is the DAY! #GivingTuesday is here and we are so excited to get this party started! We are already on our way to reaching our goal. Want to join the celebration?! Go to [link to #GivingTuesday page]
Don’t forget to add relevant, local hashtags for your organization and location, like hashtagging your neighborhood, city, county, etc! Consider creating an organizational hashtag unique to this #GivingTuesday Campaign! Additional hashtags to utilize include: #GivingTuesday #nonprofit #fundraiser
If you need to create a quick image for social media, reference this article and utilize Canva! Also, when scheduling your social media posts, refer to our suggested #GivingTuesday Communications Schedule and the calendar we created that you can download and edit!
Speaking of social media, did you know?
We are celebrating with a GIVEAWAY! Would you like to benefit other nonprofits and be entered to win $150 OFF your next AttendEasy or FundEasy event?! Give us a follow (@MinistrySync) and see the exciting giveaway we are running exclusively on Social Media!
To enter the drawing:
- Be sure you “Like” or are following @MinistrySync on Facebook, and/or Twitter, and/or Instagram!
- Post this image (click to download)
- Tag @MinistrySync and include https://fundeasy.com/ in your post! (Note: The post will need to be public for us to see the tag!)
For each platform you post on, you receive an entry into the drawing. Post on all three platforms = 3 entries! The giveaway drawing closes on 11/27/2018. Winner will be chosen randomly and will receive $150 off their next AttendEasy or FundEasy event. Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for participating!
We hope this encourages you to make the most of #GivingTuesday! This special day of giving is an awesome way to celebrate the holiday season and invite your supporters to be part of the unique mission of your organization.
This article was inspired by our customers and written to encourage your fundraising efforts. Although we work with ministries and events daily, our team members are not Event Consultants. We encourage you to consult with your event consultant, executive team, and/or affiliate organization before making any major changes to your events.