Updates: A Key to P2P Fundraising Success!Posted on: February 20, 2019
Updates: A Key to P2P Fundraising Success!
PICTURE THIS: As the Event Coordinator, you’ve recruited support, you’ve advertised your upcoming Peer-To-Peer (P2P) event (5k, Walk, Bowling, etc), you’ve booked the venue, recruited the volunteers and you’ve gotten the word out everywhere you possibly could. You have done EVERYTHING you know to set the stage for a successful event!
Now it’s time to pass the proverbial baton to your participants, who will ultimately carry your event to the finish line! The financial success of the event is now in their hands. However, all your hard work will go to waste if your participants aren’t properly educated on HOW to fundraise!
As we have previously mentioned, the most successful Fundraisers within FundEasy have a few things in common: their participants have customized and personalized their FundEasy pages, and they have posted and shared consistent updates within their network of friends and family. Join us as we walk your participants through some helpful tips and tricks below to writing and sharing updates through FundEasy!
Why Share Updates?
- Keep it fresh! Visitors to your FundEasy page will read your updates and see your fundraising progress… and they might even learn a few new things about YOU and the organization in the process!
- Share it! The point of writing an update is to share it! When you write an update and then click the email or social option, FundEasy will include a link in your email or post that directs the reader back to your FundEasy page.
THE POINT: The Update Sharing feature is used to drive traffic back to your FundEasy page.This is KEY because your page is where potential donors can partner financially to help you reach your goal!
Don’t know how to write and share an update? Here’s how:
As you can see, it’s not enough to sign up for a FundEasy page, set a goal, and never come back! No… you have to do the work. But, with a couple of easy to follow action steps, you can be set up for success!
7 Quick FundEasy Update Sharing Tips:
- Talk about your progress – share how close you are to reaching your fundraising goal!
- Thank specific donors.
- Talk about something unique that connects you to the ministry.
- Share a piece of your welcome message!
- Include a photo with your update to make it more personal and increase the impact.
- Talk about the Organization! Share a compelling fact or statistic about the organization, link to an organizational video, etc.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a direct ask: be sure you actually ASK FOR SUPPORT!
This article was inspired by our customers and written to encourage your fundraising efforts. Although we work with ministries and events daily, our team members are not Event Consultants. We encourage you to consult with your event consultant, executive team, and/or affiliate organization before making any major changes to your events.